One more week before Tactile Tuesday resumes — so let me share 10 Reasons to Keep Your Journal!
Recently I was emailing a close friend and we both shared how we are still journaling even though we’re bloggers. That some things should be kept between us and God and not used for self promotion.
10 Reasons to Keep Your Journal
1. Private information about family members you do not want others to judge / criticize from a blog post. Also eliminates desire to air dirty laundry in the form of vindictive posts which always leads to more strife.
2. Current hurts/questions God wants to work through by His means not advice from biased blog commenting friends. (God’s truth & friendly advice is not always the same thing)
3. Not having to edit heart feelings that might sound callous or selfish online.
4. Honest motives rather than abusing personal (sometimes tugging on heart strings) situations for pageview growth or ebook sales.
5. Protection from those rude “anonymous” comments post by Rachel Martin.
6. Freedom to write more than 500-700 words and still feel cool.
7. Genuine communication with God for growing your faith (eternal rewards) rather than your SEO prowess.
8. Easier to flip through a prayer journal than having to use your search feature to find that one prayer that was edited to sound really smart.
9. Zero need/desire to stay on social media all day to promote that one “this is gonna make me famous” post.
10. Keeping certain memories just for yourself / family – How to Keep a Secret post by Sarah Markley