Preschool – letter E
- E is for eye, we checked all our eyes and all the stuffies eyes too and then watched our pupils dilate.
- E is for ears – Guess who’s ears!
(printed picture from Ashley’s Craft Corner)
- E is for eggs – matching big/small letters (saw this at Rockabye Butterfly) but purposely did not match colores (too easy)
- Painted big E and little e on eggs (then threw them around trying to be gentle)
- E is for envelopes – we licked & cut envelopes to make an E fit on construction paper. (and he wanted to send sticker covered envelopes to his Gramme & Gramps – his 1st mailing experience)
- Watched our pupils dilate w/ a flash light when talking about our eyes!
We started week 4, the boy was happy to wrap up The Courage of Sarah Noble last week. He is hoping the other readers have more action. I like the vocabulary words we’re discussing – they feel hard, “self-sufficient”. And I realized I’ve been spelling Great Britain wrong my entire life. Water colors!!
Good stuff in the Daily Grams workbook. We also had a lovely read thru Apologia on differences between wild dogs & cats (wolves & lions) and how they attack prey differently & kill it. (homeschooling boys for sure).
Pine Cone bird feeders and different feed to see which seed attracts what bird! (thanks to my friend The Homeschool Scientist’s suggestion). Sadly, everything attracts more squirrels! And they can pull the string up, hold the pine cone, and devour everything! I think we’re on our 3rd round of pine cones this week!
But we did see new blue jays in our yard – squee!! (we usually only get cardinals, but the sunflower seeds brought in blue jays!) “We” were so excited!!
We hadn’t celebrated the 180 Days we finished last week, (and I am a big believer in celebrating milestones). Since hubs was out of town all week again after we picked him up from the airport we made a trip to LegoLand (30 minutes from us). The boys were SO surprised!!
My Gram had a massive stroke this week, so I accepted help from a neighbor to watch my boys while I headed north (an hour +) to stay in the ICU with my family.
Thankfully with the extra stress I didn’t pitch my “detox” and it’s been going great. Lots of Bottlehouse smoothies – in some interesting colors & smells, not my favorite. Happy knowing I’m putting nutritious stuff in my body. I feel good. Down 3 cups of coffee to 1!!
2:1 is next Friday!! I’ve finally wrapped up my notes / power point presentation. I had my friend Eryn check it out for me – ridiculously thankfully she “approved”. I still use my hands when I talk, and sway a little. Trying to work on those bad speech habits. Ended up getting some neat things from friends for attendee bags.