I hate to say it, but letter B was a lot more fun than letter A. Or maybe I’m just more aware of all the great “B” stuff we can learn about.
- Matching magnetic letters to flash cards
- Counting Blue Buttons
- Popping B’s – play music, turn it off and shout “big B” or “little b”. Watch ‘em grab the right one & pop it! (hilarious for little ones who might not be heavy enough to pop a balloon. Add a little help behind them with a pen)
- B is a bee
- B full of Beans (glue kidney beans to the letter B)
- Snack: B – Bones (my friend Katie told me about this during their human body study, stick straight pretzels in mini marsh mellows and then melted white chocolate! Unfortunately, I burnt the chocolate and it didn’t work)
- B Animal Collage (we used old National Geo Kids magazines)
- B is for barn – we spent a great week at Spring Island and visited the horse barn. It was great visiting, petting, and meeting all the horses there.
- B is for Bird hunting (so many different birds on this practically untouched island: hawks, cranes, blue jays, wrens, blue herrings, cardinals, woodpeckers, and crows)
See what we did for: Letter A Learning Fun
This year we are working on letter recognition, number recognition, proper order, basic handwriting skills, animals, and bible stories all while incorporating fun into our day. We are using All About Reading curriculum.