Let’s Incorporate PE at the Playground!
Top 10 Ways to incorporate PE at the playground
- Relay races
- pull ups / chin ups
- monkey bars (invert and do crunches for older children)
- lunges down & back the length of the playground – timed
- squats 10 in one spot, climb to another area 10 more
- calf raises on the side of a stair / ladder
- obstacle course
- tug o war (bring a jump rope)
- jump rope competition
- vertical push ups – push up against the slide !!
They also love the challenge. If you have older kids – let them set up an obstacle course for little ones. Always leave a frisbee or ball in your car for more playground fun and exercise. Don’t just set up the games – join them. (thankfully as homechoolers we’re usually the only ones at the playground so I can get a little goofy too!)
One of our favorite spot has a 1/4 mile paved track. The boys love to bring their bikes and it’s great for me to bring my sneakers. I put the dog on a leash and start walking. While the kids play I get my own exercise in – and when they’re ready to leave I am too!
BRING A LOT OF WATER!
How do you incorporate PE at the playground?